Twitch is designing a new monetization system… and not everyone likes it

Twitch is designing a new monetization system… and not everyone likes it

[ad_1]

Game news Twitch is designing a new monetization system… and not everyone likes it

It seems that Twitch is currently reviewing how it compensates for its top talent and not everyone is happy with it.

Always more pubs?

The news has just sided with Bloomberg: Amazon will consider modifying Twitch’s revenue-generating rules to generate even more profits. For this, various ways are considered. The first, the most enviable, would be to increase the distribution of advertising. Therefore, the platform will encourage its biggest talents to incorporate more pubs into their channel in exchange for better profits. Of course, this new proposal, even if it is not yet effective, could affect the comfort of viewers. As you probably already know, on Twitch, ads can appear without warning, even when watching a League of Legends match, for example, which can quickly be annoying, especially if their rate increases … But this does not it’s just .

It also looks like Amazon would be ready to put back its biggest talents to generate even more profits. In fact, at the time of writing, Twitch is recovering “only” 30% of the profits from a subscription or donation from viewers, which means that the remaining 70 percent goes into the pockets of content creators. Unfortunately, in the future, this sharing may decrease for larger streamers…

Towards less profit for streamers?

According to sources provided by Bloomberg (sources who chose to remain anonymous), streamers’ profit margin could decrease as their profits increase. The more a streamer earns, the lower his profit share will be until a fair share is achieved. That is, 50% of the profits will go to the streamer (instead of 70%) and the other 50% will land in Amazon pockets (instead of 30%). This news obviously made the biggest streamers react, starting with MisterMV who rushed to share the news.

However, the arrival of this new formula will allow content creators to gain freedom according to the American giant, as in return, Twitch could, for example, offer its partners the lifting of exclusivity restrictions to allow them to publish their videos on YouTube or Facebook.

Obviously, this new information is the result of an internal discussion, which means that it is just ideas suggested by Amazon and Twitch employees. It is therefore possible that the latter will never see the light of day. However, if the ideas are validated, they could be effective this summer.


Profile of JeromeJoffard, Jeuxvideo.com

With JeromeJoffardWriting jeuxvideo.com

AFTER NOONTwitter

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.